The Bergen County BRT Study will define the vision for tomorrow’s advanced bus service for Bergen County: faster, more reliable, more flexible, more convenient, and more efficient.
BRT systems are successfully serving communities all over North America. BRT has many benefits:
- Helping people to get around faster and more reliably
- Improving access to jobs, shopping, and schools
- Promoting economic development
- Offering attractive new alternatives to driving
- Managing traffic congestion for everyone
- Creating more livable, sustainable communities
- Flexible to adapt to changing passenger needs over time.
We want the people of Bergen County to enjoy these benefits.
The Bergen County Department of Planning & Economic Development and NJ TRANSIT have created a partnership and are working together to consider the best routes and improvements for BRT in Bergen County. We’re looking for realistic, cost-effective ways to build on the transit system and resources we already have. And we’ll also be looking at how to pay for these improvements from a variety of sources.
The project partners want to work with everyone interested in transportation, economic development, and environmental sustainability in the county to figure out the best way to make BRT a reality. We’d like to tell you more about our vision for BRT, what’s in it for you, and how you can get involved.